: Pennsylvania HealthChoices
Submit incident reports online instead of fax
New process implemented Feb. 1
As we shared via email in December 2020, Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania (Magellan) requires that providers utilize the MagellanofPA.com website to submit adverse incident reports, as of Feb. 1, 2021.
This procedure change is a shift from the previous fax submission process that could have caused unnecessary administrative burden.
Any provider staff member can complete an incident report. All reports should be completed within 24 hours of an incident. While the format of incident reports has changed, the requirements and reporting elements for incident reporting have not.
Some things to keep in mind
- You do not need to log in to file a report. The Adverse Incident Report Form is available at the top of the Forms webpage.
- Staff will need the provider MIS number to complete the report. Since this number may not be common knowledge among all staff, we suggest that you make your MIS number readily available to staff who could be entering incident reports.
- Staff will need the member ID number. This is the member’s Medical Assistance Recipient ID number, a 10-digit number assigned by the State.
- The online incident reporting system will not work properly if you access it via Internet Explorer. We recommend that you use any web browser other than Internet Explorer (e.g., Chrome, Edge, Firefox).
- Upon responding to all prompts on the form and clicking “Submit,” you should receive an email response confirming completion.
- A brief training and helpful instructions (PDF) are also available.
A Magellan quality specialist will reach out to you if we have any follow-up questions about an incident report that you’ve submitted. In addition, if you submit an incident report via fax, a quality specialist will contact you to remind you about the new online reporting tool.