Sharing your language and specialties helps improve members' access to care
With months of social distancing, the pandemic, social unrest, and political divisiveness, more and more people are recognizing the need for behavioral health support.
You can help potential clients know if you are a good fit for their behavioral health needs by ensuring your practice information is up to date, including information about your appointment availability, your ethnicity, specialties and languages.
And, if you serve first responders, you have expanded options for including them in your list of specialties (see below).
It's easy to validate your practice data online:
- Go to www.MagellanProvider.com and sign in securely.
- Under My Practice in the left-hand menu, click Display/Edit Practice Information. The first tab is the Provider Data Change Form.
- Select your TIN/MIS combination and click Go.
- Verify all information and update as needed. This includes your service address, phone number, office hours, ethnicity, specialties, languages, and ability to accept new clients. Group practice administrators: Be sure to validate information for all practitioners on the roster by clicking Roster Maintenance.
- Attest to the accuracy of your practice information on a quarterly basis.To fully complete this step, review each category; updated categories will reflect a green check mark.
Help improve members' access to care by updating your lists of specialties and languages
online at MagellanProvider.com.
How to indicate your ethnicity, specialties, and languages
- Individual providers:
- To update your ethnicity, select General Information.
- To update your specialties, languages and age range, select Specialties, Languages & Age Range. Then, click on the Edit button to drag and drop the languages and specialties from the master list to your list. If sign language is an option, be sure to select it as well.
- Group practice administrators:
- To update group specialties, select Specialties. Then click on the Edit button to drag and drop the specialties from the master list to your list. If sign language is an option, be sure to select it as well.
- To update specialties, languages and age range for practitioners on your roster, select Roster Maintenance, and then the practitioner name.
Contact the Provider Services Line at 1-800-788-4005, or chat with us at MagellanProvider.com.
Why it matters
Keeping your practice data up to date through Magellan’s online Provider Data Change Form is essential to ensuring appropriate referrals, appointment availability, and accurate and timely claims processing.
In support of NCQA and CMS standards, Magellan requires participating providers to sign into our online Provider Data Change Form quarterly to validate the accuracy of their practice information.
Your information gets updated in our provider database in real time and is available to members who are searching for a provider with your background and expertise.
Thank you for serving Magellan members and for your regular and timely responses to our requests!