: Pennsylvania HealthChoices
Community Support Program gives participants opportunity to have their voices heard
The state of Pennsylvania mandates Community Support Program (CSP) meetings; however, every CSP meeting is designed to be flexible and responsive to the needs of the members in each county. Magellan Behavioral Health of Pennsylvania supports county and regional CSPs and participates in a CSP for each county we serve.
As a provider, you also are welcome to attend CSP meetings as your schedule allows, and we encourage you to communicate information regarding local CSP meetings to members and their supports as well. Please see the current CSP meeting schedule below or review the winter 2020 member newsletter (PDF) that also has this information.
Did you know?
- Members, providers and community stakeholders attend CSP meetings and no RSVP is required.
- County CSPs report out to regional CSPs.
- CSPs are member-driven opportunities for systems advocacy.
- CSP members set the direction and goals for each group at a grassroots level. Therefore, each agenda looks different based on the needs and level of participation for that group.
- Magellan’s participation is based on the needs and opportunities available for each group.
- Examples of topics covered are suicide prevention, medical assistance transportation, resource collaboration, upcoming community events on mental health/intellectual disability/substance use disorders and more.
Community Support Program meeting schedules
Upper Bucks County - 2nd Friday of the month at 10:30 a.m.
Penn Foundation Main Building - 807 Lawn Ave, Sellersville, PA 18960
Central Bucks County - 1st Wednesday of the month at 11 a.m.
Lenape Valley Foundation - 500 North West Street, Doylestown, PA 18901
Lower Bucks County - 2nd Thursday of the month at 2 p.m.
Penndel Mental Health Center - 1517 Durham Road, Penndel, PA 19047
Cambria County - 3rd Thursday of the month at 1 p.m.
PEN Drop-In Center - 514 Somerset St., Johnstown, PA 15901
Delaware County - 3rd Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m.
Welcome House - 7700 West Chester Pike, Upper Darby, PA 19082
Lehigh County - 2nd Monday of each month at 12:30 p.m.
Clubhouse of Lehigh County - 1437 W. Gordon St., Allentown, PA 18102
Montgomery County - 3rd Thursday of the month at noon
Norristown Public Library Community Room - 1001 Powell Street, Norristown, PA 19401