Live webinar: Electronic claims submission and how you can get paid more quickly
Why still submit paper claims when as a contracted provider with Magellan* you have the option to submit them electronically? (That was a rhetorical question, but if you have a strong preference for paper claims, tell us.)
5 reasons to submit electronic claims
- Improved efficiency and faster claims processing, which could mean you get paid sooner.
- No paper. No envelopes. No stamps.
- Prompt confirmation of receipt of claim or incomplete claim.
- No manual keying of information from paper claim, eliminating human error.
- Secure process with encryption keys, passwords, etc.
Mark your calendar for our monthly webinar
To help you get started with electronic claims submission and avoid timely filing denials, we offer an electronic data interchange (EDI) provider training each month.
The webinar occurs on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 11 a.m. (Pacific). The upcoming dates include Aug. 28, Sept. 25, and Oct. 23, 2019.
How to access training
Did you know? You can submit these electronically:
- Claims for all behavioral health services that are billed with standard HIPAA-compliant codes. (You may also submit EAP reimbursement requests electronically.)
- Secondary coordination of benefits (COB) claims that include the necessary COB information indicated on the claim.
- Claims that you must correct or void, or that were originally rejected and never processed.
More resources online
Learn more about electronic claims practices such as Claims Courier, direct submission and clearinghouses by visiting MagellanProvider.com.
*In California, Magellan does business as Human Affairs International of California, Inc. and/or Magellan Health Services of California, Inc. – Employer Services.