Magellan provider satisfaction survey yields insights from 2022
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to Magellan’s annual behavioral health network survey last year! We use these results to identify and continue what’s working well, to address areas for improvement, and to stop efforts that no longer bring value to our network of providers.
The survey questions ask providers to rate their levels of satisfaction with areas of Magellan service such as clinical, credentialing, appeals/complaints, claims, reimbursement rates, communication and website functions.
Items with highest satisfaction (key drivers in bold):
- Clinical criteria that reflect a generally accepted standard of care
- Provider credentialing process
- Support for telehealth services that helped my practice/organization continue to deliver timely care
- Consistent clinical decisions
- Helpful provider relations staff
- Effective communication about process or procedure changes
We strive to deliver an excellent provider experience, and the following areas present an opportunity to improve.
- Better tools to help deliver quality care
- First-contact call/issue resolution
- More straightforward appeals process
To address concerns in these key areas, we are working on:
- Adoption of industry-standard tools and portals for Magellan staff and providers to streamline care management and necessary approvals or authorizations.
- Increased electronic self-service options, paired with improved internal processes, to get things right the first time for functions such as claims submission, appeals, updates to practice information and more.
- Further investment and scalability in the growing Provider Relations and Provider Partnerships teams, including value-based programs that reward providers for high-quality, efficient and effective care.
Remember, you can contact Provider Services by selecting the “Chat with us” button on MagellanProvider.com. The virtual assistant will ask some preliminary questions before transferring you to a live representative.
If you participated in the survey, thank you for weighing in! Watch for more opportunities to share your feedback soon.
Join our Provider iMput community and share your insights
Hundreds of providers have already signed up and you can still join them. Learn more and sign up!