Overall Magellan provider satisfaction holds steady in 2021
Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond to Magellan's annual behavioral health network survey last year! We use these results to identify and continue what’s working well, to address areas for improvement, and to stop efforts that no longer bring value to our network of providers.
- Overall satisfaction holds steady at 76.2%
The survey questions ask providers to rate their levels of satisfaction with areas of Magellan service such as clinical, credentialing, appeals/complaints, claims, reimbursement rates, communication and website functions.
Items with the highest satisfaction (key drivers in bold)
We strive to deliver an excellent provider experience, and the following areas present an opportunity to improve.
- How easy or difficult it was to get what was needed
- Getting what was needed from the provider website
- First-contact resolution
To address concerns in these key areas, we are working on:
- Increased electronic self-service options, paired with improved internal processes to get things right the first time, including enhanced Availity modules and sunsetting of outdated web pages related to the management of claims and payments.
- Enhancements to MagellanProvider.com for quick self-service of updates to directory information, including the ability for group administrators to attest to demographics on behalf of group providers.
- Adoption of industry-standard tools and portals for Magellan staff and providers to streamline care management and necessary approvals or authorizations.
- Further investment and scalability in the growing Provider Relations team, including value-based programs that reward providers for high quality, efficient, and effective care.
Remember, you can contact Provider Services by selecting the “Chat with us” button on MagellanProvider.com. The virtual assistant will ask some preliminary questions before transferring you to a live representative.
If you participated in the survey, thank you for weighing in! Watch for more opportunities to share your feedback soon. See our related article on the new forum to give your insight, Magellan Provider iMput.