: Louisiana CSoC
Making direct referrals to the Louisiana Coordinated System of Care
You can now contact Magellan of Louisiana directly to make a referral to our Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) program for youth with serious mental health and substance use challenges.
How to make a direct referral to Magellan:
- Call us directly at 1-800-424-4489.
- Provide demographic information.
- Speak to a Magellan care manager, who will take clinical information and complete the brief CANS assessment.
- If a youth meets criteria on the brief CANS, the referral will be sent to the youth’s regional wraparound agency.
Information needed for referral:
- Youth’s demographic information, including:
- Name, date of birth, address, phone number, legal guardian contact information, Medicaid number, assigned Healthy Louisiana plan
- Risk behaviors (examples include running away, fire setting, risk to self or others, etc.)
- Reason for referral
- Substance use
- Learning/developmental challenges
- Current behavioral health providers
- Primary care physician
- Medical concerns
- Current medications
- Is the youth in a non-home and community-based setting (e.g., PRTF, juvenile detention, secured care facility, inpatient hospitalization, group home)?
- If yes – What is the youth’s projected discharge date?
- If yes – What non-HCBS setting is the youth in?
- Youth must have a projected discharge date from a non-HCBS setting within 90 days for a CSoC referral.
Note that the parent/caregiver/legal guardian must participate in the referral.