It's easier than ever to join our EAP network
If you’ve considered joining Magellan’s EAP network to increase your referral opportunities but haven’t done so because you aren’t certified as an employee assistance professional (CEAP), there’s good news. You no longer need CEAP certification to participate in our EAP network.*
Why we made this change
To align EAP and behavioral health criteria, Magellan discontinued the CEAP requirement for providers serving in our EAP network, effective Nov. 1, 2021. We determined that the additional provider education/training/certification requirement did not add value to our members’ experience when providers were already credentialed for our behavioral health network. By eliminating the CEAP requirement, we aim to increase our members’ access to appointments. This change could also translate to more referrals for you!
How you can join the EAP network
- You no longer need to complete an attestation that you are CEAP certified or have previous years’ experience with EAP services (except for special programs noted below).
- You must complete credentialing and add the EAP addendum and reimbursement schedule to your Magellan Agreement.
- Magellan is preparing to mail documents to those providers who are now eligible for EAP participation due to this change. You may contact your field network representative to learn more. If you’re unsure who your field network representative is, contact ProviderServices@MagellanHealth.com.
Magellan provider criteria
- All providers must hold a current license in their specialty at the highest level in the state in which they practice.
- All providers must have a valid National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- Physicians must carry $1 million (per occurrence)/$3 million (aggregate) in liability insurance, and all other providers must have $1 million/$1 million.
*Special program requirements apply
- California EAP requires attestation: You must attest whether you are currently employed with the State or have been employed with the State within the previous 12 months. To serve in the California First Responder EAP network, you must have specific training on critical incident response (CIR) services, complete coursework in law enforcement and first responders, and receive training in psychological first aid.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) EAP requires attestation: You must attest that you have a minimum of five years’ paid work experience in the EAP field. You must also carry $1 million/$3 million liability insurance.
In California, Magellan does business as Human Affairs International of California, Inc. and/or Magellan Health Services of California, Inc. – Employer Services.