Creating a top-notch provider profile can increase members' engagement with you
As a Magellan network provider, did you know you can create a provider profile that members can view when looking for a provider in their program?
If you haven’t created your profile yet, or maybe you have but it’s been a while since you refreshed it, here are some tips to make your profile stand out:
- Use first person when referring to yourself (I statements). Your personal statement shows as a quote attributed to you.
- Use second person (you statements) when referring to potential clients (your audience).
How your personal statement will appear to a member
- Write to your audience (Magellan members). No doubt you’ve heard the saying, “People don’t care how much you know until you show them how much you care.” Members might not be familiar with terms like cognitive behavioral therapy or EMDR. Instead, talk about the kinds of challenges you help people overcome. Make your profile about them. Help them see how you could be their ally in achieving a better life.
- Invite potential clients to contact you.
- Include a photo (dimensions should not exceed 100 x 125 pixels or your photo will appear dark and distorted). It could be a recent headshot (taken by someone else, i.e., not a selfie) or – for facility providers – a photo of your building, or the logo for your practice.
Including a photo on your profile helps members connect with you.
Update your provider profile today on MagellanProvider.com:
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Click Display/Edit Practice Information from the left-hand menu. The first tab that displays is the Provider Data Change Form.
- Click the Provider Profile tab to get started.