: Commercial Health Plans in AZ, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, TX, VA
You are not alone on complex cases
Magellan offers timely case management and peer support
When you determine that a patient you’re treating has a particularly challenging set of needs, you might not have the capacity or resources to meet those needs. Remember you are not alone; you can obtain timely support from Magellan.
The Magellan center serving commercial health plans in the states listed above offers a complex case management and screening program staffed by licensed clinical case managers. These specialists are available to help you with mental health and/or substance abuse cases that would benefit from additional clinical interventions.
When you contact Magellan, a case manager will discuss the case with you and arrange
for the additional resources needed to support the member’s behavioral health wellness.
Examples of our support services include:
- Coordinating care with other providers when the member gives consent.
- Coordinating services with the health plan when the member has medical issues requiring attention.
- Arranging screening of members for co-occurring depression and substance abuse conditions.
- Providing additional support for members and families when you suspect a member may be suffering from severe and persistent mental illness.
- Assisting members in transitioning from a higher level of care to a lower level of care or home. Our case managers coordinate with the member and staff at inpatient facilities face-to-face and/or telephonically to ensure that the member understands their discharge plan and has appropriate follow-up services in place.
How it works
When you contact Magellan, a case manager will discuss the case with you and arrange for the additional resources needed to support the member’s behavioral health wellness. Magellan clinicians help create a personalized plan of care for each member.
Magellan staff also includes peer support navigators who provide non-clinical support and act as liaisons between members and their providers. Peer support navigators promote members’ self-management and personal empowerment to foster recovery.
Note that there is no cost to members for the additional case management and peer support services.
How to access case management and peer support services
To access these services, contact the customer service number on the member’s ID card and follow the prompts for mental/behavioral health; then ask for the Magellan case management team.