For facilities: working together to make a difference for Blue Shield of California members
With you, Magellan cares about our members' health. We seek to partner with you to coordinate care on behalf of those members entering your facility for treatment. Collaborating with you is an opportunity to help members maintain their positive treatment gains.
Licensed Magellan care managers appreciate participating in your multidisciplinary staffing or care planning meetings and working with treating therapists directly on members’ behalf. We also want to partner with your facility so we can regularly touch base with members about their needs and future planning.
Our care managers serve as the extra layer of support for our shared members while they receive behavioral health treatment at your facility, and through their transition from hospital/residential care to home. We know this requires time and communication. We can be an asset to the discharge planning process and provide supportive resources to your clinical team!
Members participating in care coordination receive personalized assistance from a dedicated healthcare professional who works with them to create a care plan that coordinates services among different organizations and helps them meet their healthcare goals.
Support when you need it most
Our care managers can assist you with:
- Managing members’ appointments and assisting with transportation.
- Setting collaborative treatment goals with members.
- Ensuring that members have medications and proper instructions for their use.
- Coordinating care for members’ medical, mental health or pharmacy needs.
- Addressing social determinants of health that may be complicating discharges or representing barriers.
- Identifying community resources to support successful treatment, transitions of care and discharge.
- Discussing long-acting injectable (LAI) medications and other treatment protocols that may help members maintain treatment gains long-term.
The care coordination program is part of Blue Shield of California members’ health plan benefits. Participation is voluntary, confidential, and available to them at no cost. Their participation in this program does not affect their eligibility for any other healthcare services. To learn more about confidential care coordination services, call Magellan at the toll-free number below.
Care managers are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific).
Call us toll-free at 1-877-263-9952 to collaborate today!
*In California, Magellan does business as Human Affairs International of California, Inc. and/or Magellan Health Services of California, Inc. – Employer Services.