: District of Columbia Medicaid
Submit behavioral health claims for MedStar enrollees to Magellan
As the behavioral health vendor for MedStar Family Choice Health Plan (DC Medicaid), Magellan processes claims for the behavioral health services you render to enrollees in this plan.
Remember to submit behavioral health claims for MedStar (DC Medicaid) clients to Magellan.
Submitting claims to Magellan
- Timely filing limit: 365 days from date of service
- Acceptable methods include:
- EDI via direct submit at www.edi.magellanprovider.com
- EDI via clearinghouse or via “Claims Courier”—Magellan’s web-based claims submission tool
- Paper claims on CMS-1500 or UB-04
- Address for paper claims: Magellan Healthcare, PO Box 2271, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
- Magellan’s EDI Payer ID #: 01260
Checking status of your claims on MagellanProvider.com
- Sign into www.MagellanProvider.com.
- Select Check Claims Status from the menu.
- Search the claim by member or subscriber name, date of service, etc.
- View claim details such as check number, date and payment method.
- If a claim is denied, the reason code and description is provided.
- View EOB online.
Contact Magellan at 1-800-777-5327 with claims-related questions.