: Louisiana CSoC
Guidelines for confidentiality and services during COVID-19 protect members and ensure their care
Magellan of Louisiana continues to respond to state and federal mandates and requests concerning COVID-19. Magellan and the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) acknowledged the need for continued facilitation of Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) services during the COVID-19 declared emergency.
Effective March 18, 2020, we strongly advised facilitators to conduct all engagement meetings, child and family team meetings, and other “home” visits through telephone or videoconferencing (such as FaceTime, Skype, Facebook Messenger or Google Hangouts) with members and their families until further notice.
You must adhere to the following when delivering services by telephone or videoconference:
- Remember that confidentiality still applies for services delivered telephonically or through videoconference.
- Do NOT record sessions.
- Verify the member’s identity, if needed.
- Obtain verbal permission of the member’s parent or legal guardian prior to initiating services, and document if the member is under 18 years old.
- Provide services in a quiet, private space that is free of distractions.
- Do not use public-facing applications such as Facebook Live, Twitch, TikTok or similar video communication.
The Summer 2020 CSoC Member Newsletter (PDF) provided members and families information on telehealth and links to tutorials for the approved technology.
COVID-19 resources and information for Magellan of Louisiana providers
- Louisiana Department of Health COVID-19 – Tips and resources from the Louisiana Department of Health.
- COVID-19 Medicaid Information – Specific information for Louisiana Medicaid providers.
- Magellan of LA 2020 Provider Announcements – Access to all announcements sent to providers in 2020.
- Louisiana Department of Health Informational Bulletin – The LDH Informational Bulletin website, regularly updated with new information and revisions to previous guidance.