columns : Network Notes
America’s wounded warriors need your help
The well-publicized backlog in VA disability evaluations has thousands of veterans struggling without critical benefits, and an uncertain future. In only a few hours each month, you can make an enormous difference in the lives of those who have given so much defending our freedoms.
Advantages of serving:
- Competitive and reliable reimbursement
- Self-paced, online training
- Build your expertise and reputation in high-growth clinical areas such as PTSD and TBI for serving America’s 20 million veterans and their families
- Continue to enjoy other advantages of being affiliated with a national behavioral health leader, including:
- Access to over 400 online free CEU/CME courses
- A network support team that is responsive to your questions and needs
- Opportunity to participate on a range of other Magellan networks providing potential to increase your referral base.
The process is simple and fast:
- Complete the brief online questionnaire (10-15 minutes) to qualify to proceed with joining the panel to provide veterans' disability exams. Note: you will need to enter your Magellan MIS number to complete the questionnaire. Email VeteransDisability@MagellanHealth.com if you need to obtain your number.
- Based on your questionnaire responses, we will email you an application to complete.
- After your application is accepted, we will notify you via email to start the training process.
- You will begin receiving referrals, which you schedule at your convenience, within 10 days.
- Exams involve completing a simple online evaluation form (see sample) (approx. 1 hour).
Summary of requirements:
- Participating providers must be medical doctors specializing in psychiatry, or clinical psychologists with a doctorate-level degree (PhD) or a doctor of psychology degree (PsyD) from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) at the time of graduation.
- Provider office must be ADA- and OSHA-compliant, with access to free parking.
- Carry state-regulated malpractice insurance.
- See patient within 10 days of referral, within 30 minutes of appointment.
- Deliver complete report within two calendar days from the day of the scheduled exam.
Email us at VeteransDisability@MagellanHealth.com or call 1-800-487-2422.